Sunday, October 09, 2011

We are all children



Ford Ironman World Championship underway.

Anyway, the Friday that just past was Children's Day, so it was a school holiday. However, I had lessons on that day evening for my Masters. So, when guagua wanted to go for a swim in the afternoon and I had to tell him that I need to go for my lessons later, he asked, "papa, why do you need to go for lessons? isn't it suppose to be children's day and it's a school holiday?"

My reply was simple, with a smile. "I am not a child, I am an adult now, so I won't be enjoying the school holiday." What surprised me was guagua's reply, "but you and aunt are children of ye ye (Grand pa) and nai nai (grand ma), mama and uncle are children of gong gong (my father in law). So you are all children."

whoof!!! took me off. that was a good response. At the first glance, it seemed child-like but if I were to think deeper, guagua's response makes alot of sense.

In our parents' eyes, we are all children.

It is a matter of perspective.

Be good to our parents.

No comments: