Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Rest... Move on

Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass on a summer day listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is hardly a waste of time. Sir Joh LubbockIt's been a while. June until mid Nov was packed to the rim with modules, assignments, essays and exams. In the midst, training for TNF100 was intermittent, resulting in problems and injury sustained at the actual race. So after weeks of intensive massages by Victor and Steven to release the badly entangled deep muscles, I have started to do my regular runs. It has been good so far. just did a 12 km run this afternoon around the loyang and Upper changi area (near the prison), trying to cover all the available slopes around the vicinity. I am going to do more of such terrains to prepare for runs at the trails in and around Melbourne. The one I am looking forward to would be the two-bays walking trail which stretches 28 km from Arthur State National park to Mornington National Park (and back, that will be 56 km). I discovered this route through the Two Bays Trail run (there is a 28km and a 56km route) which will be held in Melb next year 15 Jan. I had wanted to sign up but there is a cut off of 4 hrs for 28km and 8 hrs for 56km. looking at my TNF100 timing, I don't think i can make the cut-off. So, I will explore myself and perhaps this would give me more time to take photos and maybe doing some sketches and drawings. I will be having two intense modules there at the Uni of Melb grad sch of education, but since I am going to be there, must well make full use of the weekends and explore around. 8)oh, I did something for charity last sunday, 10km run for the Run for Hope (formerly called Terry Fox runs). Had stopped doing that for a few years, but anyway, signed up and donated an additional sum for the cancer foundation. met up with a former student and it was a good run. Set off with a moderate pace whizzing in and out of the crowd and did a negative split with a time of 47 mins. had not done a sub-50 10 km for a long time. had a good time chatting with my student over breakfast.I am on a random spending spree. bought some salomon gear from the internet. going to bring over to melbourne.Two running friends taking part in the racing the planet Nepal race at the moment. They are pure inspiration. wish them well.pretty random entry.going to do some reading.

No comments: